The Patch FAQs

There’s a lot to consider when choosing your future home. We are dedicated to answering some of the most common questions about the new Jinding development, The Patch at Wollert, to help make your buying & building process easy.


Before Purchase

What will be delivered as part of this new community?

The current masterplan for The Patch includes

  • 2200sqm of future local town centre (the Northern Local Town Centre) with cafes, shops, and convenience stores with 400sqm of future commercial space
  • Over 10 hectares of active open space and parks, including 3 soccer pitches, a pavilion and a community facility
  • Future government P-12 school within the estate
  • Approximately 1,000 new homes
Will my land be flat to build on?

The Finish Surface Level (FSL) is listed on the Functional Layout Plan contained within your contract. This will inform your builder of site information, including what slope, if any, exists on your block.

Can I choose my own builder?

Yes, you have the flexibility to choose your preferred builder. Builders will need to ensure that your home design is compliant with The Patch’s Design Guidelines which can be accessed on the Buyers Portal here.

When can I start building my house?

Home construction must start within 6 months of the settlement of your lot. The construction of your home, including garage, driveway, fencing and retaining walls, should occur within 18 months of settlement.

Can I drive and see my block?

Your block of land is part of an active and busy construction site. For your own safety, access is not available during this time. Once these works are complete and it is safe to do so, we will send you an email to notify you that you can inspect your block. This will generally occur when practical completion occurs.


Where can I view the latest construction activity and title dates?

The Buyers Portal for The Patch has a construction section where you view each stage’s latest construction activity and anticipated title time frame.

How will I find out when my block is titled?

You will receive an email from to notify you of this milestone. The Patch Buyer’s Portal, is the best place to find anticipated title timeframes for each stage.

When do I need to settle?

Settlement is due 10 business days once you receive notice that your individual lot title is registered. This notice is provided to your conveyancer who will then inform you.

Where can I access a compaction report?

Information including the Plan of Subdivision, Building Envelopes, Lot Level Plans and Fill Certificates are uploaded within the “Lot Details” section of The Patch Buyers Portal. These are regularly checked by our team to ensure you have the latest available information for planning your home.

When can I access site for valuations?

Access to site for valuations is provided once Practical Completion is achieved on site. You will receive an email from to notify you of this milestone, alongside any considerations required for accessing the site.

When can I access site for soil testing?

Access to site for soil testing is provided once Statement of Compliance is achieved on site. You will receive an email from to notify you of this milestone, alongside any considerations required for accessing the site.

How do I know my final street address?

Your solicitor or conveyancer can provide this information once the land is titled. However, you can look this up by typing in your lot number and plan number (e.g.149\PS821074) from the Plan of Subdivision on

After Settlement

When can I start building my house?

Home construction must start within 6 months of settlement. Before construction can start, your home’s design must be assessed and receive developer approval. Once this is granted, a building permit must be obtained from either the City of Whittlesea or a licensed building surveyor. The home’s build must be completed within 18 months of settlement.

How do I submit my home design for developer approval?

When you are ready to submit your design for developer approval, visit The Patch Buyers Portal then click “Application” and fill in the form to complete your design assessment submission. It will then be reviewed by the Design Approval Panel.

Access to NGDD’s Design Portal will be sent to your email once your submission is complete, you can login to this portal to view the design application progress at any time.

What if I want to change the design after my plans have been approved?

You can submit a new house design after your original plans are approved. However, a new submission will incur a small admin fee.

Does The Patch have reticulated recycled water?

Recycled water will be available for non-drinking purposes such as toilet flushing and garden usage. To reduce the consumption of potable water, residents are required to connect all toilets and two garden taps (front and rear) to the future recycled water system.

Does The Patch have reticulated gas?

Gas reticulation is available for residents to connect.

Do I need to install a rainwater tank?

Rainwater storage is encouraged. The rainwater tank and all accessories must not be located in front of the dwelling or be visible from the street and public spaces. To help calculate the size of water storage that you may require, please contact the Department of Sustainability and Environment for appropriate storage requirements in relation to the collection area provided.

What is the community infrastructure levy?

The community infrastructure levy is a payment collected by Council to support the development of new community infrastructure. The one-off payment is collected from the landowner prior to issuing a building permit for each individual dwelling at the estate. Dwelling fees are displayed on the council website.

What broadband services will be available at The Patch?

The Patch qualifies for future NBN rollout. All premises must be aware and conform with the NBN Co Preparation and Installation Guide, which can be found online.

How do I connect to the NBN?

Ensure your builder is aware your house will be on the NBN and that fibre can be provided to your home. The Patch will be “Fibre To The Premises” (FTTP), and it is recommended that all dwellings are wired to meet the NBN cabling guidelines.

NBN is a wholesale-only network with many phone and internet providers selling services over the network. Click here to choose a provider that best suits your needs. Make sure your new home is NBN ready on NBN Co’s website.

Do I need temporary fencing to protect my lot prior to the commencement of my home construction?

Usually this is undertaken by your builder to help deter unauthorised people from entering your lot before building works commence.  This helps reduce the risk of having materials illegally dumped on your property and provides some security during your home’s construction.

To further assist, we install security cameras and onsite signage to help deter dumping and theft. Once a land lot is settled, the removal of any onsite dumped materials is the purchaser’s responsibility.

How do I contact my neighbours for fencing?

You and your neighbour have equal cost responsibility for the shared fence on your lots. You can obtain contact details for adjacent landowners using the Fencing Request Form from the Whittlesea Council: Fences – Whittlesea Council.

Throughout the construction of your land, Jinding will host ‘welcome events, which are an excellent opportunity to meet your neighbours. You can also request our customer relations team pass your details along to your neighbours. Email with the lot number of your neighbour to whom you would like your contact information provided.

Where do I report rubbish dumping?

If you witness illegal dumping of rubbish, soil, concrete etc., please take a photo and submit a report to the relevant local authority via the “Snap, Send, Solve” app: